Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas at the Jackson's

Nanny and all the grands and great grands


Sarah, Me, and Jenny (Sisters!!)

We had a great time Sunday night, we got together with my parents, my Uncle Gary, Aunt Susan, Nanny, and Nikki and her family. We had lots of great food, I brought lots of sweets. Most likely more than needed, but once I start dipping stuff in chocolate I can't stop. My sister brought her friend Alex and it was nice getting to know him. He seems like a really cool person. My relationships with my sisters are growing more everyday. I guess since there is alot of years between us, it takes time for everyone to grow up a little. Jenny is the closest to me in age, only 8 years. Which is alot, but at this point in her life I am able to help guide and direct her thru decisions like college, careers, and men. She doesn't always take my advice, but who does? I am super proud of the woman she is becoming, she has such a good heart. Sarah is learning to listen to us a little, but she is 14; who ever listens at 14? But we love her, she is so unique and is just confident in herself. She doesn't go with the flow, she makes her own way. Sometimes that freaks my parents out, but oh well. We all played Dirty Santa, we had alliances just in case we needed them to get the gifts we really wanted. Tyler on the other hand was hilarious! He stole a Wii game from Tanner and hid it behind his back. Anytime someone came near him he looked as if he was going to vomit. People loved messing with him and acting like they were going to steal it. I knew if it was stolen, I was going to have to go to Walmart; I couldn't let my baby be really dissappointed. But it all worked out and he kept the game! We had lots of fun and now are counting the days down to Christmas. If I don't blog before then "Merry Christmas" to everyone! And I almost forgot, think about this verse on Christmas day; I read it this morning and hung it up in my kitchen. Simeon saw the baby Jesus and said / Luke 2:30 "For mine eyes have seen thy salvation!" Please don't forget what Christmas is all about!





No comments: